even the sun gets sleepy sometimes.

Dear you,

Here are some life updates from the past five days:

--There are bug guts on my screen and dirt under my fingernails. (And no, that's not a metaphor or anything. Though it'd be better if it was.)
--I spent almost three hundred dollars on art supplies today and another one hundred paying bills. Because, you know, that's a thing adults do. We pay bills.
--I'm still not entirely unpacked because my bedroom feels inadequate compared to the rest of my apartment and my apartment is just the right size for two people.
--Swear words have only slipped out of my mouth a few times.
--Sometimes I sit in my living room and wonder why it is people have so many sitting rooms when really, there's only a need for maybe one.
--I'm probably one of the more embarrassing and rude people alive.
--My hair is purple and my feet are sore because I walk fifteen minutes uphill to get to school. Really.
--The art program I'm attempting to base my future on is very competitive and I don't think the nausea will ever go away until I'm safely graduated.
--Three people have joked about being married to me in the past two days and I don't know if that's a good thing or a sign that I'll never actually be married.
--I've been wondering if maybe the people who always turned in their school assignments late are the same people who grow up to never pay their bills on time and if so, will I end up with bad credit if that's true?


 --My clothes don't feel as important as they used to but somehow I'm wearing them better than I ever have before.
--I have so many interesting things going on with my appearance, people are starting to confuse themselves when they try to compliment me.
--My life goals have changed from being a mermaid to just making the world a bit more sparkly.
--I finally found my spray glitter.
--When asked what my hobbies are I've started answering "plants and books".
--My white goldfish has become much bigger than my orange goldfish and I don't know if that's a sign he's stealing all the food or if he's just naturally larger.
--I want a boyfriend but not just any boyfriend.
--There are a lot of jars and various bottles in my life right now.
--I've been popping m&m's the way some people pop pills.
--Fruit loops and coconut milk go great together the way almond milk and honey nut cheerios go great together. (Also I'm missing regular milk just maybe a little.)
--Art professors like to laugh.

Sincerely,
xx
Blue

2 comments:

  1. plants and books. i just like this whole thing so much. and by the way, i love how your blog is addressed to a person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the part of about clothes and life goals. I don't know why but those were my favorite.

    ReplyDelete

 

me

My photo
I'm named after a flower. I have perpetual bedhead. I'm proficient in sophisticated malarkey. I have problems sleeping and swearing. I love plants and books. I want to go to Iceland.

this is important

"I'm still here because this is the rest of my life."
-S.H.

"I'm trying to be poetic because I'm trying to tell you the truth."