it never comes easily with me here.

Dear you,

You are more than the number you associate with your worth.
And I know that this may come across as preachy here, but bare with me for a second.

You look at the scales and all you see is an improper fraction: too much up top to be a proper whole. But I hope someday you can look at that number and realize you are not defined by any fraction, that you will always equal one. One person who is greater than any whole could ever be and that fractions only ever mattered in math class.

You see the test scores and wonder how you will ever amount to anything. Numbers so small they can't possibly support your dreams of becoming what you have always wanted to be. Your percentage drops and your hopes drop and you are slowly being crushed by these numbers that don't weigh anything but equal your world.

You watch the numbers in your bank account lower and you count the letters stacking up that mean you could once again lose your home that has never been where your heart is. You wonder how you will be able to eat and you hate to think how this will keep lowering your morals and you start thinking those things you learned in class never were in regards to this scenario.

But those numbers are not the world and there will always be numbers that mean more. Numbers of friends and family who you call when that percentage on your test is almost as low as your emotions and those fractions on the scale are not balancing out the way you hoped.

Numbers that when added up equal the sum of your life and hold you together when nothing else will, that were never printed in any textbook or taught in any class.

And someday you will realize that god will always love you as much as he loves anyone else and someday you will know that you are far greater than the number representing you as a small portion of the population.

And someday you will stop counting the steps it takes to get from the spot you are standing to your goal because numbers only ever mattered in math class and you will have made it.

Sincerely,
xx
Blue

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

me

My photo
I'm named after a flower. I have perpetual bedhead. I'm proficient in sophisticated malarkey. I have problems sleeping and swearing. I love plants and books. I want to go to Iceland.

this is important

"I'm still here because this is the rest of my life."
-S.H.

"I'm trying to be poetic because I'm trying to tell you the truth."