you settle my soul.

Dear you,

I used to use these metaphors for love, like "he was the moon," or "he was the sun".

I don't feel like those metaphors were wrong, because I really felt like I had a sun in my life, brightening everything around me.

But suns always set and their light always leaves and depending on someone to light your world doesn't work out.

And the moon would never have worked, because the moon has a dark side you'll never see and the moon's light isn't even his own.


So I can't use those metaphors anymore. I can't call you "my sun" or "my moon". But here's the thing.

You are so much more than one simple celestial body. You are everything stretching from one end of our galaxy to the next. You are the space from here to Andromeda and back again. You are all the light shining through the emptiness and you keep making more, being more.

I was so used to suns and moons and maybe even Jupiters, that when you walked into my heart and I realized you were none of those things, the sheer magnitude of what you were scared me. I had never handled anything so beyond the scope of my understanding, you gave me an existential crisis.

And then you told me all of it was mine and I realized I was already holding all of you inside me. I was gravitation-ally bound to you, I was loving you, with all your planets and suns and moons and asteroids and space. You are beyond anything I could imagine, but that's perfect. Because you're my reality.

And now my metaphors for love are so much bigger.

Sincerely,
xx
Blue

1 comments:

 

me

My photo
I'm named after a flower. I have perpetual bedhead. I'm proficient in sophisticated malarkey. I have problems sleeping and swearing. I love plants and books. I want to go to Iceland.

this is important

"I'm still here because this is the rest of my life."
-S.H.

"I'm trying to be poetic because I'm trying to tell you the truth."