02:13.

Dear you,

This isn't for you, and I'm sorry. I'm only writing to you because I can't seem to stop.

This is actually for him.

This is about how he is the worst thing that has ever happened to me.

And simultaneously the best.

Because without him, there would be no me. There would be no jokes about minds and a lot more dinosaurs and I probably wouldn't own those books everyone wants me to read (I promise I will I promise I might not). There would be less letters and less words and less things to remember,
but maybe I'd remember more.

There wouldn't be so many #metaphors.


Maybe I'd make more sense without him.

This isn't about you.

This is actually about me.

This is about how I will always be riddled with holes from absences of people who you will never meet and I will never tell you the names of.

This is for all the anonymous people who have ever given me joy and heartbreak and who make me choke on
"I love you"
and "goodbye".

Sincerely,
xx
Blue

2 comments:

 

me

My photo
I'm named after a flower. I have perpetual bedhead. I'm proficient in sophisticated malarkey. I have problems sleeping and swearing. I love plants and books. I want to go to Iceland.

this is important

"I'm still here because this is the rest of my life."
-S.H.

"I'm trying to be poetic because I'm trying to tell you the truth."