i don't care about the past.

Dear you,

Here are the things I am bad at, in no particular order, because you keep forgetting them:
-- keeping salt off my keyboard when I am eating popcorn
-- roller skating. really
-- chewing gum with my mouth closed
-- keeping my opinions to myself
-- eating all my vegetables
-- mini golf
-- cooking. I can't even boil ramen correctly. We'll starve.
-- making my family proud
-- being on time
-- not swearing
-- tanning, but you like to count my freckles anyway
-- loving people
-- letting people touch me
-- controlling my temper
-- being cute
-- flying, as in, I don't have wings and I'm pretty sure you do
-- not racing at streetlights
-- sleeping
-- being taken seriously
-- growing
-- finding things
-- making small talk
-- knowing what to say
-- being prepared
-- taking care of myself
-- to-do lists
-- carrying a purse
-- shopping
-- liking myself
-- balancing
-- not buying books on a whim because they look good
-- listening to my mother and father
-- articulating
-- crying
-- being cold
-- sitting still
-- coloring in the lines
-- not shaking
-- spinning
-- counting how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop
-- math
-- keeping reality and dreams straight
-- #hashtags
-- paying attention
-- writing coherently
-- talking to males
-- growing out my nails
-- straightening my hair
-- deciding anything
-- keeping my excitement contained when I see a reversible sports bra at Target in my size

Sincerely with love,
xx
Blue

1 comments:

  1. The last line made me laugh.

    Also, I love making lists.

    ReplyDelete

 

me

My photo
I'm named after a flower. I have perpetual bedhead. I'm proficient in sophisticated malarkey. I have problems sleeping and swearing. I love plants and books. I want to go to Iceland.

this is important

"I'm still here because this is the rest of my life."
-S.H.

"I'm trying to be poetic because I'm trying to tell you the truth."