this atmosphere is making me completely hazy.

Dear you,

I've never really liked kids. And I mean kids as in anyone below the age of about ten.

And I've been raised since birth with it drilled into my head that someday I have to be a mother, that it's my duty, that being a mother is my purpose as a woman. 

But here's the thing. I don't like children. 

And I know they haven't done anything wrong. And I know they aren't supposed to act mature or have things expected of them, but I can't help but dislike them for that. 

They're noisy and messy and their high pitched whines make me want to -chop their heads off- tape their mouths shut. And if they don't get what they want, they scream and cry and it makes me want to scream and cry until they shut up. 

I'm just too impatient to deal with kids.

But in small quantities, when you've only got like one kid to deal with, I can handle that. I just don't think I could ever be a mother. 

So I know you think you know what my duty as a woman is supposed to be and that you'll be disappointed when you learn the truth, but here's the thing.

Motherhood isn't for everyone and it certainly isn't for me. 

Sincerely,
xx
Blue

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

me

My photo
I'm named after a flower. I have perpetual bedhead. I'm proficient in sophisticated malarkey. I have problems sleeping and swearing. I love plants and books. I want to go to Iceland.

this is important

"I'm still here because this is the rest of my life."
-S.H.

"I'm trying to be poetic because I'm trying to tell you the truth."