sometimes people chew with their mouth open.

Dear you,

You were so sweet, each kiss gave me toothaches.
The cavities were worth all of those kisses;
I only wish I could have gotten more.
Now all I have is a mouth full of false teeth.

Each time you said my name, I fell in love
With the way it sounded leaving your tongue.
I could have sworn you were singing love songs,
But I guess names aren't meant to be sung.

All of the metaphors I made for you
Were only meant to make you understand:
I wanted to leave you with a scar
Matching the one you carved onto my skin.


Sincerely,
xx
Blue



1 comments:

  1. "Now all I have is a mouth full of false teeth."

    ReplyDelete

 

me

My photo
I'm named after a flower. I have perpetual bedhead. I'm proficient in sophisticated malarkey. I have problems sleeping and swearing. I love plants and books. I want to go to Iceland.

this is important

"I'm still here because this is the rest of my life."
-S.H.

"I'm trying to be poetic because I'm trying to tell you the truth."