my eyes aren't dry.

Dear you,

You're leaving in twenty four days
and I'm not ready to say goodbye yet.

There are so many things
I want to say to you,
but it doesn't matter.

I'm still in love with you
and it doesn't matter.

It doesn't matter
because it won't change anything.


I want to tell you again,
and I probably will,
because I know it doesn't matter
and you're leaving anyway
and I want to say I love you
instead of saying goodbye.

Because somehow a hopeless I love you
isn't as sad as a final goodbye.

Sincerely,
xx
Blue

1 comments:

  1. Because somehow a hopeless I love you isn't as sad as a final goodbye.

    Yes. This is short, simple, and strong.

    Beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete

 

me

My photo
I'm named after a flower. I have perpetual bedhead. I'm proficient in sophisticated malarkey. I have problems sleeping and swearing. I love plants and books. I want to go to Iceland.

this is important

"I'm still here because this is the rest of my life."
-S.H.

"I'm trying to be poetic because I'm trying to tell you the truth."