don't have to be what you want.

Dear you,

Here's a list of things I'm really good at, but also things that wouldn't look good on a resume:

-- dropping popcorn in my hair when I'm eating it in bed and then finding it later to eat as a surprise
-- getting excited about really dumb things
-- not giving a damn about my word choice
-- being persistent. like annoyingly so. I really don't know when to give up.
-- art
-- smiling even when it hurts and laughing at pain so the bruises don't ache as bad
-- counting the seconds between when the light changes from red to green so I can always get a head start
-- loving people
-- being hilarious on Twitter (at least I think I am)
-- folding paper cranes
-- growing plants
-- giving advice to people about relationships which is kind of ironic
-- arguing with people for the sake of arguing
-- not sleeping
-- calling my mom
-- getting stomach aches
-- loving boys who exhale prettily
-- avoiding eye contact
-- being a realist, but still trying to dream
-- completing the Legend of Zelda games multiple times
-- arranging pillows for maximum comfort
-- packing
-- making lists
-- turning bright red when I'm embarrassed
-- being quiet when I shouldn't
-- being loud when I shouldn't
-- ridiculous looks really good on me
-- buying adorable clothes
-- writing shitty poetry
-- do it yourself projects I make up as I go
-- watching movies by myself (especially Pride & Prejudice)
-- making terrible puns
-- laughing at my own jokes because no one will actually laugh at them because I'm not actually that funny
-- who am I kidding I'm fucking hilarious
-- eating food
-- losing weight for no reason but I ain't gonna complain
-- writing letters
-- late night phone calls
-- talking to anyone as long as it's real talk
-- laughing. in general
-- going on vacation and taking an excessive amount of pictures of things that don't actually matter
-- yoga
-- wearing matching underwear and feeling like I'm gonna conquer the world
-- not wearing pants #saynotopants
-- checking out at least 10 books from the library at a time
-- having awkward encounters with people who I really would rather not see
-- attracting all the wrong people
-- finding new music
-- calling out people on their bullshit
-- living
-- talking to the stars and the moon
-- wondering about existing
-- watching people's hands
-- taking little risks
-- taking big risks
-- sarcasm
-- falling in love with people's eyes
-- falling in love period
-- never getting over anyone
-- getting invited to parties
-- avoiding parties
-- late night walks to nowhere
-- being ridiculously awkward when people touch me
-- smiling at strangers
-- getting uncomfortable with excessively cheery people
-- collecting things
-- being a feminist
-- doing things very spur of the moment
-- exploring
-- remembering things I'd probably be better off forgetting all about


Sincerely,
xx
Blue

2 comments:

  1. growing plants
    giving advice to people about relationships which is kind of ironic
    writing letters
    talking to anyone as long as it's real talk
    going on vacation and taking an excessive amount of pictures of things that don't actually matter
    wearing matching underwear and feeling like I'm gonna conquer the world
    talking to the stars and the moon
    falling in love with people's eyes

    My favorites because I feel the same way, but really

    This was perfect

    ReplyDelete

 

me

My photo
I'm named after a flower. I have perpetual bedhead. I'm proficient in sophisticated malarkey. I have problems sleeping and swearing. I love plants and books. I want to go to Iceland.

this is important

"I'm still here because this is the rest of my life."
-S.H.

"I'm trying to be poetic because I'm trying to tell you the truth."