bittersweet in your mouth.

Dear you,

I never once thought
I might be in love with you.

It's just lately I've been wondering
why I didn't give you more kisses.
I'll catch myself thinking about
your mouth and that smirk you'd give me,
when I would let you get your way
and you'd always apologize but you're never
actually sorry.

But the thing about you,
unlike most boys I think about,
is I don't have to worry I won't get to give
you more kisses like I want to.
Because you tell me about how
you still want to kiss my mouth.
And sometimes I wonder
if you know how much I think about
you and your lips.

How much I've been thinking about
you and your lips
for the past six months.
I could have texted you or something
but I never did because I was worried
that might be weird.

But now we've been texting every day
about really simple things
that don't really matter and
I can't help getting excited because
I know in a couple of weeks
I'll probably get to see you
and give you all those kisses I wish I had
given you much sooner.
 

I never really thought
about how much I might like you.
I just know I really like your kisses,
because I missed your lips
and then I missed you.

 Sincerely,
xx
Blue

4 comments:

 

me

My photo
I'm named after a flower. I have perpetual bedhead. I'm proficient in sophisticated malarkey. I have problems sleeping and swearing. I love plants and books. I want to go to Iceland.

this is important

"I'm still here because this is the rest of my life."
-S.H.

"I'm trying to be poetic because I'm trying to tell you the truth."