this isn't meant to be bitter.

Dear you,

Filippo Brunelleschi came up with linear perspective in the early 15th century
And you know what? We still use that today. Every time you take a beginning drawing class and you have to draw a stupid hallway for what feels like the billionth time or whatever, you're gonna have to use perspective and it's still going to be the same goddamn ideas this old dead guy came up with in the 15th century

The point I'm trying to make here is humanity doesn't change much no matter how much we like to pretend we do
No matter how much you wish you could pretend that your parents, your friends, your siblings, your peers "don't get it", here's something you need to know:

We were all 17 once


We were all 17 and we were 17 every day for 365 days and 12 months and 1 whole year and you cannot change that fact

So next time you're feeling special and thinking no one understands, I hate to break it to you, but if we're still using some idea some old dead guy came up with in the 15th century, there is nothing new about your life that someone else couldn't understand

There is nothing special about your 17 that is any different than my 17 or her 17 or his 17 and you are not a special snowflake because even snowflakes aren't all that different and that whole thing they tell you in elementary school about everyone being different but the same is bullshit

You are human

We were all 17 once

Sincerely,
xx
Blue

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

me

My photo
I'm named after a flower. I have perpetual bedhead. I'm proficient in sophisticated malarkey. I have problems sleeping and swearing. I love plants and books. I want to go to Iceland.

this is important

"I'm still here because this is the rest of my life."
-S.H.

"I'm trying to be poetic because I'm trying to tell you the truth."