moving to an unsteady beat.

Dear you,

My heart is an unreliable organ.


The only constant my heart offers me is change,
and yet it refuses to mature the way it should.

My heart only knows how to want,
and mostly only the things it can't have.

People say you should listen to your heart,
but it's speaking a different language I never learned.

My heart is never satisfied,
because its ideals are never met.

There's a disconnect between my heart and everything else,
but no matter how hard I try, I can't get a signal.

My heart is an unreliable organ,
and I can't tell if maybe it's because I've broken it too many times
or if I never properly even fixed it in the first place.


Sincerely,
xx
Blue

1 comments:

  1. I'm just going to comment on all your posts, if that's okay. "People say you should listen to your heart,
    but it's speaking a different language I never learned."
    Beautiful. Simply, astoundingly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

 

me

My photo
I'm named after a flower. I have perpetual bedhead. I'm proficient in sophisticated malarkey. I have problems sleeping and swearing. I love plants and books. I want to go to Iceland.

this is important

"I'm still here because this is the rest of my life."
-S.H.

"I'm trying to be poetic because I'm trying to tell you the truth."