sorry about tonight.

Dear you,

I am a difficult person to share a bed with.

I have insomnia. I don't sleep well, period.

I get too hot too easily and sometimes I get too cold too easily so I'll push my freezing feet against you and want all the blankets on the floor while I want at least a foot of space between my chest and yours but I'll still like my hands to know you're there.


I move around. A lot.

I think too much. I think about what we spoke about before we went to bed and I think about what I ate for breakfast or if I even ate breakfast at all and I wonder if maybe I shouldn't have said that one thing eight years ago.

I can't sleep without at least two pillows.

I have a mean stomach. And by that I mean my stomach will attack me with random pains I can do nothing about and all I'll want to do is curl up into a ball and cry and no matter how much you'll try to make it better or worry, I'll keep hurting as long as my stomach wants.

I like noise. Rain. A fan. Music. Something.

I can only sleep on my side because of various reasons and I know you won't want to cuddle on your side because it won't be as comfortable for you but I can't breathe any other way and really we don't need to cuddle unless we're awake.

I get hungry around midnight every night.

I can't sleep with tight sleeves on and I can't sleep with pants at all and I'll probably steal your t-shirt to sleep in every night and I won't ever apologize even when I end up keeping it forever and never giving it back.

I will be the one who asks to share the bed in the first place.

Sincerely,
xx
Blue

2 comments:

  1. Please post more. You've been my favorite for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto. You are wonderful. We have tons of similarities. I'm an insomniac too. My stomach has been killing me for the last ten years but I just found out that that's because I'm gluten intolerant.

      Delete

 

me

My photo
I'm named after a flower. I have perpetual bedhead. I'm proficient in sophisticated malarkey. I have problems sleeping and swearing. I love plants and books. I want to go to Iceland.

this is important

"I'm still here because this is the rest of my life."
-S.H.

"I'm trying to be poetic because I'm trying to tell you the truth."