the wild things are inside me.

Dear you,

Oh please don't go

When I was little there weren't monsters lurking around at night
not in my closet
not under my bed
not in the basement.

When I was little I discovered monsters liked to hide in much cleverer places
inside my dad
inside my mom
inside my brother.

When I was little I would sometimes hide from the monsters
in my closet
under my bed
in the basement.

When I was little the monsters scared me anytime they reared their ugly heads
sometimes they'd roar
sometimes they'd scream
sometimes they'd cry.

Oh please don't go

When I was little I worried about how to save my family from the monsters
until I grew up
until I learned
until
I found the scariest monster of all lurking inside me.


When I was little I didn't know about what the monsters really were.
When I was little I didn't know they ate you up inside.
When I was little I didn't know as frightening as they are to the people around you, they're worse in your head.
When I was little the monsters didn't have names, but now mine does.

I'll eat you up

When I was little I never thought I'd have to apologize for my monster
"sorry I can't help it"
"sorry I'm so sad"
"sorry I'm broken".

When I was little the monsters were scary enough to make me hide
now I can't hide
now I can't run
now I can't breathe.

When I was little I always dealt with the monsters by myself
now I can't
now I won't
now I don't
because the monsters aren't as scary when you aren't alone.

love you so

Sincerely,
xx
Blue

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

me

My photo
I'm named after a flower. I have perpetual bedhead. I'm proficient in sophisticated malarkey. I have problems sleeping and swearing. I love plants and books. I want to go to Iceland.

this is important

"I'm still here because this is the rest of my life."
-S.H.

"I'm trying to be poetic because I'm trying to tell you the truth."