forget trust issues, I just have issues.

Dear you,

I have been fighting to be myself for as long as I can remember.

I am a unapologetic, ridiculous, overwhelming, unrestrained, disorganized, confusing, and unrepentant mess.

I have fought family, friends, teachers, employers, students, neighbors, and probably even God at some point.

I used to think it was a losing fight, but I kept on fighting because I haven't always loved myself, but I've always wanted to.

I try to love myself every day.

I end up loving myself maybe most days.

But though I've been fighting everyone to be myself, I've ended up with a problem.


I am not good at letting myself be loved by other people.

Sincerely,
xx
Blue

1 comments:

  1. "I have been fighting to be myself for as long as I can remember."

    I totally get this. And I'm listening to the Avett Brothers right now. Maybe it's just because I'm a filmmaker, but this music feels cinematic. So does this post.

    ReplyDelete

 

me

My photo
I'm named after a flower. I have perpetual bedhead. I'm proficient in sophisticated malarkey. I have problems sleeping and swearing. I love plants and books. I want to go to Iceland.

this is important

"I'm still here because this is the rest of my life."
-S.H.

"I'm trying to be poetic because I'm trying to tell you the truth."