maybe this time, baby.

Dear you,

Trees were never as tall from the ground as they were when we were up in their branches. And maybe it's because you're afraid of heights but you still sat on that mountain with me and wanted to climb a tall tree in the first place, or maybe it's that you didn't want to let go when I was in your arms after you rescued me from being stuck in that damn tree, but I think I'm in love with you.

I didn't want to say that, but there it is.

I think I might be in love with you.

Maybe it's not so much in love with you as in love with the idea of being with you. And that might seem silly, that I have to make that distinction, because honestly it's worse for me if I don't.

Because I'm terrified that it won't last, it won't be real, it won't matter in the morning.

Things hardly ever matter in the morning.

Is it wrong of me to hope? Is it okay for me to break my rules and some of his and maybe even some of yours? Because you make me want to break all of them. You make me want to just grab your hand and not look back at the destruction I'm leaving behind.

You make me want to be even crazier than I already am.

And you told me I'm crazy. You admitted you admired that, that you wished you could be as spontaneous and crazy as I was.

Well hello darling, what are you waiting for?

Your golden opportunity has arrived in the form of a girl at least a foot shorter than you with a penchant for boys who smoke. If you dare smoke in front of me, I might kill you. (With love.)

I might be in love with you and you might have a piece inside of you that's ready to be in love with me too and I'm sorry I'm so impatient, but I promise I'll wait for you.

Even if the next two weeks until I can see you again do feel like eternity.


Sincerely,
xx
Blue

1 comments:

 

me

My photo
I'm named after a flower. I have perpetual bedhead. I'm proficient in sophisticated malarkey. I have problems sleeping and swearing. I love plants and books. I want to go to Iceland.

this is important

"I'm still here because this is the rest of my life."
-S.H.

"I'm trying to be poetic because I'm trying to tell you the truth."