i'm in lesbians with you (sort of).

Dear you,


When you patted my leg to mark me as your own, I nearly felt my heart stop. And I get that you were drunk and I get that it was a joke and I get that I wasn't your first option, but none of that matters because you picked me.

Plus my brother was only half-joking when he said she was taken. 

What I'm afraid of is you don't really remember it (and only told me you remembered it so I wouldn't feel bad), because god knows those shots were doing more talking than you were. 

And I got home after that long night that I wish had gone on longer and all I could think was I wish it had been real.

My heart beat kept skipping every time I thought about your fingers between mine and every time I thought about your drunk head leaning on my leg. 

And it only got worse when you joked about making it a real thing when you were sober.


I get that you're only joking and I get that I'm weird and I get that I'm two and a half years younger than you and I get that I live far away and I get that you're my older brother's friend but none of that matters nearly as much as the fact that you smiled when I teased you about making me your girlfriend. 

None of it matters because all I want is for it to be real so I don't have to pretend to joke about it anymore.

I just want you and I to hold hands and maybe kiss a few times if you're okay with that and maybe hang out in your bedroom or something and maybe when I don't live so far away that can happen or maybe if I wasn't your best friend's little sister that could happen but I'm sorry that I can't change my family and I'm sorry I didn't meet you first.

Maybe all I really need is for you to stop telling me you like my hair with that adorable smile and then I can just get over it.

Sincerely (yours?),
xx
Blue

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry, but for I while I stopped reading your blog...well just most blogs in general. Now I'm about to stalk everything you've recently written and probably comment on all of it. Also, this was beautiful...and I hope they realize how awesome you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and I'm sorry that my computer just flipped a bitch and posted that so many times. That's super awkward.

    ReplyDelete

 

me

My photo
I'm named after a flower. I have perpetual bedhead. I'm proficient in sophisticated malarkey. I have problems sleeping and swearing. I love plants and books. I want to go to Iceland.

this is important

"I'm still here because this is the rest of my life."
-S.H.

"I'm trying to be poetic because I'm trying to tell you the truth."