my hair gets really frizzy when it rains.

Dear you,

I told you I liked you and I'm freaking out because while you admitted you didn't know how to feel about me, you totally said you wanted to kiss me.

I know you're afraid of leading me on, but I just want you to know that it's completely fine if you kiss me. 

I mean, if you wanted to. 

'Cause I want you to.

And I know it's dumb, but when we exchanged hair ties and you said, "How romantic" I couldn't help but be slightly excited.

And I don't know if you really meant to be completely serious, but when you pinkie swore to come star gazing with me another night I took that promise seriously.

And I was mostly joking when I said that skate park was our place, but at the same time I wasn't really joking at all.

And you teased me about being secretive but once you got me talking, I couldn't shut up. I went to bed with a weak throat and so many thoughts running through my head I didn't know how to sleep properly.

Maybe I'm just too serious for my own good.


I like that you and I haven't been friends for that long but already you've figured out I'm more like Google than Yahoo and you're more like a news website than Facebook.

I've never outright told a boy I liked him first and it's so new and outrageously different and I like it. I like you. I like this. I like us being friends and maybe figuring out if we could be more than friends together, even if you're not sure if you like me. I don't know.

It's not like you have to like me or anything. I'm not going to beg you to like me more than you do. I just want to get to know you better, like what makes you laugh when you're sad or what even makes you sad in the first place, or why you think you're alive, or what shapes you see in the clouds, or why you're so afraid of so many things, or what's your favorite thing to eat at night.

I just like you.

I just want to hold your hand, partly because I always want to hold hands and mostly because it's your hand.

And I think I wouldn't mind if you lead me on, maybe just a little. 

Sincerely,
xx
Blue

2 comments:

  1. i've felt this so many times and for some reason i'm always the one to admit my feelings first.
    maybe it's because i'm a feminist.
    or maybe i'm just too honest.

    great piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go back and read this post a lot. It gives me a little thing I'm my stomach. A good thing. It makes me feel. It's so real. You know? You know.

    ReplyDelete

 

me

My photo
I'm named after a flower. I have perpetual bedhead. I'm proficient in sophisticated malarkey. I have problems sleeping and swearing. I love plants and books. I want to go to Iceland.

this is important

"I'm still here because this is the rest of my life."
-S.H.

"I'm trying to be poetic because I'm trying to tell you the truth."