this is a love letter to everyone.

Dear you,

This is a letter about the truth.

The truth is, sometimes life is really fucking hard.
And I mean fucking hard as in life sometimes is going to bend you over and isn't going to ask for consent and you are going to want to die because life is going to forget that love is a word that exists and consent is a necessity and no, this is not a joke because rape should never be a joke I am fucking serious here sometimes life is fucking hard

The truth is, sometimes you are going to want to cry.
You are going to want to cry so bad it will hurt your throat because you will try not to for whatever reason and you are going to be sore from not crying and when you do cry you will have red eyes for hours and feel horrible but you will have cried and I just want to tell you that crying is good for you because release is a thing that everyone needs

The truth is, sometimes you are going to laugh and not mean it.
And then other times you'll laugh so hard you can't stop and you will be crying from laughing and your stomach will hurt so bad and you'll swear you're going to pee your pants like in kindergarten but it will be because of laughing and you will be so embarrassed but you'll just keep laughing because for whatever reason you just want to be happy

The truth is, sometimes love will not be the answer.
And love might not be the only thing that matters, either, but love is also going to always be so, so important because there are people out there that forget how to love themselves sometime between the age of 3 to 17 and they need to be reminded that they can learn to love themselves again

The truth is, you can't save anyone on your own.
But that doesn't mean you shouldn't try

The truth is, you can't fix anyone.
Because no one actually needs fixing and thinking that people are broken things that somehow need repair is a really unhealthy mentality and no one should think of themselves as something to be fixed because we are not toys that were played with too much, we are human beings who are whole and beautiful and sentient and can create and make great and terrible things and we all need to try to realize that no matter how much we cry or laugh or how many faults we have, we are not broken beings

The truth is, you are wonderful.
You are beautiful.
You are not broken.
You are not your mistakes, you are not your apologies.
You are your behaviors, you are your I forgive yous and your I love yous and your pleases and thank yous and nice to meet yous and you are every smile that has ever crossed your face and it is okay to not be happy all the time because humans are wonderful creatures who have the power of expression and it is okay to be anything you want to be

You are as important as you will let yourself be

And my hope for you is that you can heal from all the times life didn't ask for your consent and you learn to cry for the right reasons and to laugh for the right reasons and to believe that optimism isn't a bad thing but it's still okay to be sad.

I hope you know that I love you. I love you I love you I love you, because you are whole and brave and beautiful and I cannot say it enough I love you

The truth is, you are your greatest mystery and adventure and I hope you fall in love with yourself along the way to figuring it out.


Sincerely,
xx
Blue

1 comments:

  1. i don't think you will ever fully understand how much i needed this tonight.

    how much i needed this last night.

    how much i needed this six years ago.

    this is one of the best, if not the best poem i have ever read because it is so honest and real and genuine. you rarely find poems that are genuine because most writers in of themselves are not genuine. they write for the attention. they don't write for their readers. they don't write to their readers.

    i love you too. and i don't even know you. but you have no idea how much i needed to know that a stranger loved me too because sometimes the people who are closest to us never say it.

    and thank you for helping me realize that i am not broken. that my faults and my mental illness and my emotions do not make me a bad person. they make me a person.

    sorry, this is a very long comment.

    but i guess all i have left to say is thank you.

    thank you.


    "we all need to try to realize that no matter how much we cry or laugh or how many faults we have, we are not broken beings"

    ReplyDelete

 

me

My photo
I'm named after a flower. I have perpetual bedhead. I'm proficient in sophisticated malarkey. I have problems sleeping and swearing. I love plants and books. I want to go to Iceland.

this is important

"I'm still here because this is the rest of my life."
-S.H.

"I'm trying to be poetic because I'm trying to tell you the truth."