don't put out this fire.

Dear you,

I am more honest with you than I am with most anyone else.

And I need to be honest again.

I'm terrified.

I'm terrified I will not be enough someday.
I'm terrified the monster lurking beneath my breastbone some call a heart will change its mind.
I'm terrified my brain will continue its traitorous streak and I will ruin my own happiness.
I'm terrified someday while your fingers are tracing across my hips and ribs and thighs you will stop with a, "Sorry, I can't".
I'm terrified he'll come back and his stupid moths will rage up again and destroy the butterflies you give me.
I'm terrified someday one of my stories will be a step too far into crazy and you won't understand.
I'm terrified some twisted emotion will make me think all of this between us isn't enough.

I'm terrified
I'm terrified
I'm terrified


But mostly I think I'm terrified because I sleep better when you're here than when you're not.

And that has never happened before.

Sincerely,
xx
Blue

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

me

My photo
I'm named after a flower. I have perpetual bedhead. I'm proficient in sophisticated malarkey. I have problems sleeping and swearing. I love plants and books. I want to go to Iceland.

this is important

"I'm still here because this is the rest of my life."
-S.H.

"I'm trying to be poetic because I'm trying to tell you the truth."