apologies are useless.

Dear you,

I remember when numbers were only substitutes for colors and when colors didn't apply to anything but art supplies.

Now my numbers are the number of capsules I have left until I need to order more and colors are used to describe medicine.

10 pills until I run out.
12 pills until I run out.
18 pills until I need more.
28 pills for three months.
32 pills until I run out.
48 pills for six months.
60 pills until I run out.
80 pills to last me 80 days.
82 pills to last me 82 days.
82 pills until my doctor gives me something else.
100 pills to last me until I need a refill.
120 pills to last me until I need a refill.

Red means two every six hours as needed.
Orange means one capsule once a day with a meal.
Yellow means one thirty minutes to an hour before I eat.
Clear yellow means one every day.
Teal means take one to two every eight hours as needed.
Blue means one right before bed if I want to sleep without a headache. 
Purple means one every day so I don't get sick.
Pink means one each day before 10AM.
Grey means one each day before I go to bed.
Big white means half right before orange twice a day.
Other big white means one to two every eight hours as needed if I don't want a migraine.
Small white means one or two an hour before bed if I want to sleep.


I've traded my twelve count box of crayons for twelve bottles of pills and I really wish it wasn't like that.

Sincerely,
xx
Blue

3 comments:

  1. "I've traded my twelve count box of crayons for 12 bottles of pills and I really wish it wasn't like that." #stolen

    I seriously worship your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you put the color in this master piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool take on the prompt.

    ReplyDelete

 

me

My photo
I'm named after a flower. I have perpetual bedhead. I'm proficient in sophisticated malarkey. I have problems sleeping and swearing. I love plants and books. I want to go to Iceland.

this is important

"I'm still here because this is the rest of my life."
-S.H.

"I'm trying to be poetic because I'm trying to tell you the truth."