you be the writer, i'll be the muse.

Dear you,

I just got major heart palpitations because you just gave me your number. And I'm really lame and really awkward and my roommate my best friend told me, "Just shut up and text him" before shaking her head and looking away and I'm freaking out and no one is caring and you aren't responding but it's surprising you talked to me in the first place because it's freaking 2:18AM, why are you awake?

I'm your best friend's little sister and you're twenty one and do you realize what you're doing when you flirt with me because I am dying over here.

 I'm freaking out. Do people normally get this nervous just by texting someone? Yeah, probably. Are they normally as lame as me and do some weird ugly-squeak noise when you message me back? Probably not.

Oh my god oh my god oh my fuck you just texted me back I am freaking out and it's 2:21AM and this is way too much excitement for me right now

I can't breathe
No just kidding
I'm definitely breathing
Just my heart is clenching really weirdly
and you're just so cute
and you have really nice hair
and oh my god

I'm just really lame and shaky like I just barely figured out that I like you like a few days ago and now you're like "Hey let me just give you a damn heart attack by talking to you" randomly out of the blue like you totally aren't my best friend's little sister oh my god what is going on right now.

Goddammit, boy. You're older than me.

I can't handle this.


You're witty and clever and have cute hair and a cuter smile and you're really really really really tall at least compared to me probably because I'm really damn short and you watch Digimon on Netflix and I thought I was the only one and I just can't handle this and you make me want to be even crazier than I already am and you told me you really liked my hair and I just want to kiss your face.

Is that weird? Can I just kiss your face? Maybe I should just ask you outright.

I can't handle these butterflies, they're making me dizzy.

It's 2:28AM now and all I'm asking is, please just let me like you a little longer?

Sincerely,
xx
Blue

7 comments:

  1. I like when you let people see this side of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least somebody likes it when I lose my shit.

      Delete
  2. This is the best thing I've read all month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This gave ME butterflies. I loved every minute of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was two in the morning. But I care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are so many times when I have felt this way, and I didn't know I felt like this until I read this...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is everything.

    ReplyDelete

 

me

My photo
I'm named after a flower. I have perpetual bedhead. I'm proficient in sophisticated malarkey. I have problems sleeping and swearing. I love plants and books. I want to go to Iceland.

this is important

"I'm still here because this is the rest of my life."
-S.H.

"I'm trying to be poetic because I'm trying to tell you the truth."