the best thing you can do is steal.

Dear you,

You were born 365 days before me. 8762 hours before me. 525127 minutes before me.
You would only be 8760 hours older than me, if I hadn't been born c-section.

You asked me, "Can you tell me a secret?"

I didn't realize that with that one question I'd be more honest in the next eight hours than I've ever been in my life.

Can you tell me a secret?
Yes.

I told you a lot of things that I've never said aloud. And you, you didn't think any of them were odd.
I told you about what I sometimes think about when I'm driving and instead of asking me, "What the hell is wrong with you?" you said, "I'm so sorry."

I told you about what I think about myself and you told me what you think about me.
And you know, for once, I didn't compare him to you or anything you said.

You're just you.

And I'm really sorry about her, you know? She sounded like the sunshine when you talked about her. I could just imagine the way you must've looked at her, before you looked so sad. I almost told you a few extra things I've never told anyone, but I guess I'm still not ready yet. 

I hope I can tell you eventually. 

I hope I don't end up missing you the way I miss so many others. 

Sincerely and secretively,
xx
Blue

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

me

My photo
I'm named after a flower. I have perpetual bedhead. I'm proficient in sophisticated malarkey. I have problems sleeping and swearing. I love plants and books. I want to go to Iceland.

this is important

"I'm still here because this is the rest of my life."
-S.H.

"I'm trying to be poetic because I'm trying to tell you the truth."