we're being kept silent.

Dear you,

I wish I could rip my heart from my chest and hand it to you so I could be free from this bothersome feeling.

I wish I could give it to you, blood and veins and all, and say, "Here it is, I want you to have it."

Because my heart has become heavy since the day you stopped sharing your smile with me, and each fleeting glimpse now is another pound added to my chest that already weighs a ton.

I can't go on carrying it. I've begun to take pieces of my heart and drop them by the side of the road, hoping that maybe someone else may find them. Because setting my heart in your hands seems pointless and I'm not sure what to do with this useless organ.

I wish you could be bothered by the same feeling I am. I wish we could trade hearts like cards, like it was just a simple game. I'll give you mine if you give me yours. I promise I would take care of it. I promise I would do everything to protect your heart that seems light as a feather.


I would get to know each and ever vein, each and every pulse, if only you would let me.

I want to know all the lines in your hands and I want to know each one of your laughs. I want to see the stars in your eyes and I want to know what you think about the ocean.

Each new thing I learn seems to lighten the load on my heart just a bit more, until I hope it will be gone completely. Because each new thing I remember I don't know about you reminds me just how far away you are and just how little of my heart you actually hold.

You are full of a universe of things I don't know and you have never seen a single one of my constellations. I remember how many galaxies you must have growing inside you and it makes me sad knowing I don't know a single one.

I just wish I had the courage to ask you for a telescope to see inside you.

Then maybe you'd realize how much I wish I could give you more pieces of my heart instead of dropping them on the side of the road.

Sincerely,
xx
Blue

1 comments:

 

me

My photo
I'm named after a flower. I have perpetual bedhead. I'm proficient in sophisticated malarkey. I have problems sleeping and swearing. I love plants and books. I want to go to Iceland.

this is important

"I'm still here because this is the rest of my life."
-S.H.

"I'm trying to be poetic because I'm trying to tell you the truth."