locks on lips always break.

Dear you,

Black soles match black nights where the wind kisses sunburned skin, hoping that it will heal quickly.
But it never heals fast enough.

Because the sun likes to beat down on all who worship him and Summer's victims all happily take their beatings hoping to achieve that glossy tan.
Sun-kissed skin is nothing but a myth.

I used to be in love with Summer, before he took my breath away with the beauty of creation and left me with nothing but sadness.

The sun used to be in love with me before he discovered I have always been in love with sad days when the sky cries for me, and now all he has to offer is too bright, too much.

The sun will always be too much.

But I have black soles to show I still love Summer and I have sunburned cheeks to show I am still a sun-worshiper at heart.
Even if sun-kissed skin really is nothing but a myth.


Sincerely,
xx
Blue


1 comments:

  1. I've been reading your blog since August and I really love it all. I love the way you write. It's so honest and also hilarious and so so many good lines.

    ReplyDelete

 

me

My photo
I'm named after a flower. I have perpetual bedhead. I'm proficient in sophisticated malarkey. I have problems sleeping and swearing. I love plants and books. I want to go to Iceland.

this is important

"I'm still here because this is the rest of my life."
-S.H.

"I'm trying to be poetic because I'm trying to tell you the truth."