he called her music and she was played.

Dear you,

You can't fit the moon into a box the same way you can't put love on a time constraint.

Love doesn't know the difference between noon and midnight.

Love is going to forget to buy milk no matter how many times you write it on the shopping list.

Love is why you've never known God's real name.

I know you wish you could put the moon into a box so you could have given it to her as a gift.


I know the only reason you wish love could be put on a time constraint was so when she died you wouldn't have kept loving her.

Love made you keep loving her even after she was gone. 

Love made you miss her and sometimes I wonder if the only reason you loved me was because I reminded you of her. 

I don't think you realized I was in love with you long before she ever left. 

I know it's wrong to be jealous of a dead girl, but sometimes I wonder if maybe I had died you would still love me the way you still love her. 

Love doesn't ever really go away no matter how much you wish it would.

Love doesn't let you forget her but death doesn't let you say her name. 

I wish I could put the moon in a box to give to you and I wish love could be put on a time constraint.

Maybe then neither of us ever would have been unhappy and maybe then I could stop missing you the same way you miss her.

But I know neither of you are coming back. 

The only difference is you have a choice. 

Sincerely,
xx
Blue

1 comments:

  1. "Love doesn't let you forget her but death doesn't let you say her name. " That hit me in the stomach. Hard. Love this post.

    ReplyDelete

 

me

My photo
I'm named after a flower. I have perpetual bedhead. I'm proficient in sophisticated malarkey. I have problems sleeping and swearing. I love plants and books. I want to go to Iceland.

this is important

"I'm still here because this is the rest of my life."
-S.H.

"I'm trying to be poetic because I'm trying to tell you the truth."