these thoughts make it clearer.

Dear you,

Your hands are full of destructive impulses
while my hands only know how to create.

Your fingertips leave mine breathless
and I only wish I knew how they managed to be so beautiful
yet tear so many things apart.

I wish I knew how your fingertips know
exactly how to make mine tremble
while all my fingertips know how to do
is make yours nervous.


Your eyes are full of light
and leave my eyes jealous
wanting just a spark of that passion.

Anytime your gaze meets mine
I find myself unable to look back
because I'm afraid you'll see me blushing
way deep down in my soul.

You are filled with the universe in your head
and no where to put all that information except
into your mouth where it spills from your tongue.

I didn't tell you so but that was one thing
I couldn't stop smiling about
because you gave me more facts
than I thought I could remember.

Your smile is two parts clever and one part sad
and only lifts one side of your face making your lips
half of a whole that I find myself wanting to know better.

I find my lips begging to be the other half to complete that whole.

And I wonder what it was
that stole the other half of your smile away
and if there's any way for me to possibly bring it back.

Because your hands are full of destructive impulses
while my hands only know how to create

and I would let your hands be what destroyed me
if my hands would be able to create the other half of your smile.

Sincerely,
xx
Blue

5 comments:

  1. the fact that one of your tags is "i'm really really lame"

    but seriously that last stanza OMG

    ReplyDelete
  2. all of the endings on your posts just leave me thinking "holy shit"

    And I know that is a really shifty way to compliment you but I don't know how else to describe it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excuse me, *a really SHITTY way to compliment you.

      Goddamn it autocorrect you are my worst enema lol

      Delete
    2. I genuinely laughed at these comments. Thanks for thinking "holy shit".

      Delete

 

me

My photo
I'm named after a flower. I have perpetual bedhead. I'm proficient in sophisticated malarkey. I have problems sleeping and swearing. I love plants and books. I want to go to Iceland.

this is important

"I'm still here because this is the rest of my life."
-S.H.

"I'm trying to be poetic because I'm trying to tell you the truth."